Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week #1 as A.E.F.

It is official.  I now have a badge and access to the Department of Energy - working in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.   Today as I commute on the metro I see the Washington Monument and am filled with a sense of joy knowing that I am about to work on national education efforts towards a more energy efficient and renewable energy society.

I stand up straight and get lost looking out the window as we cross the Potomac River.  I am living my dream. Ever since I was a little boy I wanted to be a teacher, like my mother, father, grandfather and uncle.  I also have wanted to play an important role in shifting our society towards a more green and environmentally sustainable future.

How will this experience be for my family and what is next keeps rolling through my head?

Before my first week even began the ball was already rolling towards a unique educational future path as I attended the S.C.L.C conference prior to the March on Washington 50. Then joined the Urban League for some pre march speeches.  I had a chance to go the Challenger Center event at the Senate Building where I met so many incredible people.  Especially my good friend and first science education mentor Mary Liscombe.  My family has gone to many a museum, attended the Costa Rica independence day festivities at the Ambassador's house and settled in.


See photos of the first few weeks prior to the start of AEF 2013-2014
orientation week



 first trip to Air and Space
 














No comments:

Post a Comment

TED ED