Friday, January 10, 2014

A busy week - January

This week was a bit crazy from going fromGreenRibbonSchools review process for this years nominees, for which I am privileged enough to be on the evaluating committee.  On Tuesday I worked on the first recording of our video series for Energy Literacy with Colin from AGI. Then on Wednesday I attended an inter-agency working group on youth programs where we presented on energy literacy and then listened in on really interesting discussion of youth programs.  Check out , to Friday where I attended in place of my supervisor the P.I.A.A.C  briefing and brainstorming session on adult competencies. Followed immediately by an invite to the AAAS fellows weekly meeting on wind energy where we were instructed on why a wind turbine curves and fattens as the blade comes to the center.  Has everything to do with Torque as the blade maintains a constant angular velocity? Very interesting.  Also interesting to think that the density of water is 1000 times that of air and therefore the force generated by similar sized wind or water mills is quite different. All in all quite eventful. But really it is becoming par for the course as my fellowship picks up steam.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TED ED