Friday, August 16, 2013

August 14th - Challenger Center Event at the Russell Senate Office Building

Tonight was my first event as an Einstein Fellow.  I met an good friend and colleague Mary Liscombe, director of the Christa McAuliffe Challenger Center in Framingham MA.

I met an astronaut, an astronauts wife, fellow educators, a senators aide, and many dedicated Challenger Center staff including the board.

Steve tagged along and we talked alot about why students don't take science AP in high school.
BECAUSE IT IS HARD. Our response.  Yeah but IT WILL GET YOU A JOB.
I had to walk on 1st street right by the library of congress, capitol and supreme court on my way to the Russell Building.


Photo

me with CHAIR – SCOTT PARAZYNSKI, M.D.

Chief Medical Officer & Director, UTMB Center for Polar Medical Operations
Former NASA Astronaut



No comments:

Post a Comment

TED ED