Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My first day riding in as a Fellow

I am not going to lie, I am honored and proud to be an Einstein Fellow. I am excited to be working on educational issues on a national level. It sounds like I am bragging when asked so what do you do and my response is well, I am an Einstein Education Fellow. But heck, it is true and it is awesome.  I am so looking forward to this year, this experience, this opportunity to make a difference.

Today I rode the yellow line metro from the Pentagon into LeFante Plaza.

So many feelings.  First I didn't know you could get so close to the Pentagon.  The metro is right there!

Then when crossing the Potomac the Metro goes above ground and you get this amazing view of the Washington Monument.  I was like, no way, is this real.  I had a huge and I mean huge sense of pride that I was entering the Nations Capital to work on educational policy at the national level.  I have been to DC many times so I was shocked when all of a sudden goose bumps rushed over me as I realized the magnitude and significance of my fellowship. Sure small pebble in a big sea but still, as the pebble is tossed in the air or skipping along the surface for that brief moment it feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TED ED